Wednesday 14 October 2015

TRAVEL DIARY : THE AMAZING SWISS ALPS

Hey y'all. So we arrived at our campsite just down from the village in Lauterbrunnen in the afternoon after a very long bus ride! We got sorted into our cute little cabins, which weren't so cute when I realised there was no air-conditioning. How was I ever going to survive?! We also found out that we had to use communal showers and toilets. Now, I was so not looking forward to this given I have stayed in some dodgy hostels before, but I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of them!
Our campsite even had an onsite bar, which y'all can imagine we all hit up after dinner.

At this particular stop, we had our very own Topdeck 'cook tent' where the was a team of Topdeck staff that would be preparing us a 3 course meal for dinner for the next two evenings, and not to mention breakfast as well!

Before heading to the bar, a group of us made a giant trek up to a waterfall that was just above where we were staying. The climb was super steep and at one point I was just gonna give up, but I was glad I didn't because the view from behind the waterfall was absolutely stunning! We were up there just after dusk and it was simply beautiful.

DAY 2:

Steph and I were up super early to jump straight into the showers and get ready for the day. Only we both had to having freezing cold showers because we forgot our coins to pay for the hot water! Talk about first world problems.

Today we headed from Lauterbrunnen, up the mountain to Jungfraujoch where we could play in the snow all day! It was about 2 hours up on the train (roughly, I think it was shorter than that). When we first jumped off we all got a bit chilly and popped our jumpers and what not on. Within about half an hour of us all being in the snowing doing stuff, we were all pretty much back in tshirts! It was boiling and Steph even got sunburnt.

While others headed back down to go skydiving, a group of us stayed up on the mountain enjoying the activities. I snowboarded (and majorly stacked it) and pretty much all us girls did the tubing and sledding. It was just the absolute best fun! Steph and I wandered up to do the zip lining a little later and I was super hesitant, given my crippling fear of heights, but i sucked it up and popped the harness on and headed up. As soon as we got up to the top where we zip down, I pretty much instantly had a panic attack and given the altitude, it was already hard to breathe so the panic attack didn't do much to help! So obviously I climbed back down and didn't end up doing it. But you know what, just the fact that I climbed up there was huge for me, so I was fine with not doing it. Baby steps.

I watched Steph zip down and it looked awesome! She said she loved it!









Snowboarding injury!


That evening, we hung out at the bar for a little bit before going and hanging out with Natalie, Lauren and Mel in their cabin and chatted and laughed and had a grand ol' time!

DAY 3:

After packing our stuff back up and having breakfast, we jumped back on our trusty bus with Victor and headed to Avignon, which was another lengthy trip, but thats for the next post!


NEXT POST: Avignon & Barcelona

X






No comments:

Post a Comment