Wednesday 18 May 2016

TRAVEL DIARY : AVIGNON & BARCELONA '15

Hey y'all!

I'm finally finishing off my travel diaries from when I was in Europe last year!

Avignon - Day 1

Last y'all heard, we had just finished up in the Swiss Alps. We pretty much spent the rest of the day on the bus; it was such a long drive! Avignon was more of a pit stop rather than a place to properly spend time.

We arrived around 4:30 and get checked into the hostel. Despite our hostel being stupidly basic and a bit smelly, we had an exquisite view of the main river there. Everything was so lush and green!
After we put all our crap down and claimed our bunks for the night, we walked across the main bridge into the old city of Avignon for some dinner. Steph, Jess, Nat, Lauren, Mel and I all wandered around the city for about an hour just exploring! The city was absolutely gorgeous, but it was way too hot to handle!

We ended up going to a restaurant in the Main Square for dinner. We were told to avoid the Main Square as they tend to charge you more to eat there, but would could not care less! Most of us got Spaghetti Bolognese for dinner and we also shared a pizza too! After, we went a got slushies and crepes and I definitely felt like I was ready to explode!

Once it started to get dark, we headed back across the bridge to our hostel. We met back up with everyone and we all proceeded to sit on the wifi outside for hours! I started to feel a bit sick, so I had a shower and went to bed early

Avignon - Day 2 / Barcelona - Day 1

Yep, so, I was definitely sick alright. I woke up at about 12:30am and spewed my entire gutts up in my bed. It was horrendous. I then spent the next 6 hrs sleeping on the hostel toilet floor and spewing every half an hour. And even when there was nothing left in my stomach, it didn't stop.

Looking back on it now, it was definitely the worst I have ever felt in my entire life. I never ever want to go through something like that again!

Anyway, I got my shit together and hopped on the bus to head to Barcelona! I sat by myself near the bus toilet, took 2 anti-nausea tablets and was pretty much knocked out the entire bus trip. Made it a lot more enjoyable I think. By the time we got to Barcelona, I was feeling a lot better, but still not 100%. So, I decided to stay at our hostel and sleep while everyone else went out and partied!

Our hostel in Barcelona was so nice! It was literally directly in the middle of the city. It was the perfect location! Not to mention the rooms were huge too!

 Barcelona - Day 2

After a big sleep, I woke up feeling ten times better. Although, I seemed to develop a nasty cough over night and started losing my voice! I mention to keep down some orange juice and a fruit bag from maccas. We didn't do too much apart from shop. Everyone was waaaaay too hungover!

Steph, Jess & I wandered around the main area looking in all the shops. I actually spent some money on myself too! I bought a lot of clothes from MANGO, Brandy Melville and there was another shop but I can't remember!





Before we knew it, it was time to have dinner. A big group of us girls headed to a Spanish tapas bar to get some food! I didn't eat anything as I didn't want to test my tummy. So I convinced the girls to swing past maccas with me so I could get another fruit bag!

We were all in bed pretty early that night as we had to get up first thing to head to The French Riviera!

Barcelona - Day 3

We all jumped up early and fought for the shower before having to jump on the bus all day again to head to Nice.


As you can see, I didn't take many photos, ya know, being sick and all!

Find out what happens in the French Riviera in my next post!

X

Next Post: THE FRENCH RIVIERA 

No comments:

Post a Comment