Sunday 15 May 2016

ALBUMS I HAVE HAD ON REPEAT

Hey Y’all,
I thought I’d start off my 2016 posts (even though I’m 5 months late) with the albums I have been obsessed with so far this year. A majority of these were actually released in 2015, but they’re just that good!
Halsey – Badlands 2015

Now, I have a confession. I was super late to jump on the Halsey train *cue the youre not a real fan comments*. It wasn’t until I heard her feature on one of Justin Bieber’s songs from his latest album that I really knew who she was. Then her music video for Colors came out and I loved it! I decided to download her album and see what all the fuss was about, and boy did I see what all the fuss was about! I became obsessed. The whole album was on repeat for a majority of March and April. It wasn’t until I heard the album that I realised heaps of her songs actually play at work all the time! I love, love, love the tone of her voice and how true her songs are!
Favourite song: Definitely cannot choose between Strange Love and Roman Holiday
Dixie Chicks – Wide Open Spaces 1998

I have grown up my whole life listening to the Dixie Chicks. Pretty sure my Mum still has their albums in a box somewhere! A lot of the songs on this album I’d heard and listened to growing up, but I definitely didn’t appreciate music, the way I do now, when I was 5. For whatever reason, a couple of weeks ago, I just decided to get into this album again and Ive had it on repeat ever since. I have always loved the Dixie Chicks and the harmonies of their voices!! Not to mention I do love my country music. This album will definitely be on my playlist for when I’m in America!
Favourite song: Wide Open Spaces
Kelsea Ballerini – The First Time 2015

I’m not going to lie, I was kind of turned off from getting this album by the cover! I just thought it was way too girly and too typically ‘young american girl trying to break out’. Holy moly was I wrong! Yep, thatll be the only time you hear me say I’m wrong. There are so many songs on this album that, well, speak to me. As lame as that sounds, it’s true. I can’t think of anything else to say apart from that I love it! I really hope I get to see one of her shows while I’m in America.
Favourite song: Simply can’t choose between Dibs and Second-hand Smoke
Ellie Goulding – Delirium 2015

Anyone who knows me knows that some of my all-time favourite songs are Ellie Goulding songs. I was so excited for this album. Like, stupidly excited. Surprisingly, I didn’t get into it as much as I thought I would, but I still loved it! I definitely thought the style range of the tracks were great. Ellie can do no wrong in my eyes! *insert heart eyes emoji*
Favourite song: Gonna have to be Army. Loved it when she performed it at the Victorias Secret Fashion Show!
Gabriella Aplin – Light up the Dark 2015


This album is very different to her first album, still good, but very different. The songs are a lot faster and I personally felt like it didn’t focus enough on how amazing her voice can be! But hey, I’m no professional! I still loved it though! I was super duper obsessed with her debut album, so I had high expectations. But, it’s still a great album!

Favourite song: The House We Never Built…her voice is just perfect.

Kacey Musgraves – Pageant Material 2015



So, by now, I think It’s pretty obvious that I really, REALLY love my country music! The one thing that I kinda love about Kacey is, while she’s still classed as a country artist, it’s not typically country. Most of y’all will probably have no idea what I’m talking about or even what I mean! Ugh words. Derp. Her songs are so honest and funny in a way. I just love her vibe…so chilled out!

Favourite song: Fine

Miranda Lambert – Platinum 2014



I took my time getting around to finally buying this album!! And it should not be a surprise to any of y’all that it’s country. I love, love, love myself some Miranda Lambert. I love her sass and her twang and I’m so excited for her next album!

Favourite song: Platinum, definitely. But, Babies Makin Babies is a close second!

Well I hope y’all enjoyed this post and if you didn’t, at least you learned that I’m a hillbilly, country music lover.

Stay tuned X

No comments:

Post a Comment