Monday 3 August 2015

WE GOT A PUPPY!

Hey y'all. Sorry that this is the first post in a while. I haven't really been myself this last week and a bit. There's no particular reason as to why (that I'm willing to share on here), but despite how I feel I thought it was time to just stop procrastinating and write a post!

WE GOT A PUPPY TODAY!


Today we brought home a new member of our family; a gorgeous little chihuahua puppy named Cab. We adopted this ball of fun from the RSPCA, so he already had a name and my brother didn't want to change it. Much to my disgust, this is predominantly my brothers dog, although he is 12 so I can safely say that my mum will pretty much do all the caring for it and I'll do all the playing (just like with his rabbit but we won't get into that).

On Saturday afternoon (2 days ago) we went down to our local RSPCA animal shelter specifically to look at Cab. My mum was absolutely taken with him. Whilst she was fussing over him, I wandered around and had a look at all the other pups and dogs that were there. All I wanted to do was adopt them all. Even though they are get top notch, around the clock care at the RSPCA, it's still very difficult to see any animal at a place like that when they could be with a loving family.

I was taken with a gorgeous Blue Heeler (Australia Cattle Dog for those who don't know) named Rosie who is about 4 years old and was born deaf. I spoke to one of the carers and she said Rosie has been specifically trained to sit at the front of her pen to have better chance of being chosen. This just broke my little, frozen heart and I wanted to take her. However, I knew that it would be extremely unfair due to the fact that I work a lot and am rarely home and that we simply do not have a decent sized yard for a pooch like that and as much as I hate to admit it, I really wouldn't be motivated to talk her on walks which is just no way to care for a dog.

Whilst I fancied Rosie the most, there were definitely some other cuties who I just wanted to cuddle until there eyes popped out!

I think when you're looking at buying a pet, not just a dog, you should definitely look at your local animal shelter or pet rescue first. You never know who you might fall in love with and you're getting the chance to give that animal a loving family and home. Not that you're not doing that if you're buying them from a pet shop or breeder or something, but even some of the older dogs that just get abandoned could really steal your heart.

Anyway, enough preaching from me! There will be another post up tomorrow containing for photos of our new addition.

Hopefully in the near future, I can be bothered to go on this adventure I tweeted about ;) Give some better content to y'all!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment