Sunday 16 August 2015

MY IN-FLIGHT ESSENTIALS

Hey y'all. Given that I leave for Europe on Thursday I thought it would be quite fitting to create a post like this. I was actually going to do this as video but then I just could not be bothered! I actually love flying so long as I have something to do i.e read a book, watch a movie, sleep. The longest flight that I've been on (that I was old enough to remember) was to China back in 2013 and I think it was about 9hrs, give or take. Our flight from Sydney to Abu Dhabi is 15hrs!
So, here is everything I'll be taking on the flight with me.


Neutrogena Hyrdogel - This is actually a product I haven't tried out before, so I thought what better place to try it out than a 15hr flight! I bought the night concentrate one just because I feel like it will give me that extra boost of hydration as my skin dries out so bad on planes.

Kindle/Books - I literally do not go anywhere without a book or my kindle in my bag. Reading material is an absolute must have for long flights! I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to read extremely fast when I'm travelling to and from places. Plus, who doesn't love a good book or two?

PawPaw Cream - Another essential that I don't leave the house without! We gotta keep our lips hydrated. In the past, I've also found it can be good for so many other things too.

Phone/iPod - Okay, you're absolutely INSANE if you don't bring any kid of device for you to listen to your favourite jams on! I find it so relaxing to just put on my favourite tracks and drift off to sleep.

Neck Pillow - Planes can be extremely uncomfortable to sleep on. I find it ten times easier if you have a neck pillow, particularly one that can transform into, not only a neck pillow, but a normal travel size pillow too.

Deck of Cards - You never know when you're going to want to whip out the cards and play a spontaneous game of blackjack!

Concealer/Powder/Bronzer/Mascara - Personally when it comes to in-flight makeup, I like to keep it as basic as possible. I only like to take the essentials so that just before we land I can make myself look less dead and bit more alive!

SNACKS - Snacks are an absolute must have! Especially given that food can be expensive on planes.

Panadol/Nurofen - Also a must have. Perfect for if you develop a headache, or worse, a migraine halfway through the flight!

Tissues - all I can say is you never know when you might need some tissues!

Camera - Personally, I just like to keep all my technology with me. Plus, there could be a really cool sunrise or something. This goes for chargers too. You never know when you'll need to charge something.

Jacket - Planes can get super cold sometimes, so it's always safe to keep a jacket on you in case you need to rug up!

Notebook & Pen - I think writing is really fun and a good way to spend your time if you're stuck up in the air for a while. I never write about anything in particular, but you can doodle or keep it like a journal.

Deodorant - Just so I don't absolutely smell when we get off at the other side.

Sunnies - Now, I am very aware that you won't need these on the plane, but depending on where you go, it could be very sunny so I find it good to keep them handy!

So there you have it folks, everything I will be stuffing in my backpack for my first flight to Europe! If I forgot anything, I will certainly add it in and if y'all think I forgot anything, feel free to let me know!

X


No comments:

Post a Comment