Monday 2 September 2013

FAVOURITE 2013 ALBUMS ... SO FAR !

For my post today I decided that I would share with you my favourite 2013 albums...so far!
These are the albums I have been playing on repeat since their release and I just can't seem to get enough. I will also link my favourite song off the album as well!
In alphabetical order, first up is....

Bad Blood (The Extended Cut) - Bastille






















This has got to be one of the best albums, from any artist, I have heard. This is the groups debut album and it couldn't be any better for it. I absolutely love this album because the songs are structured and contain verses and chorus' not just crap techno shit. The songs are also truthful and genuine. This is an album I can constantly listen to and never get sick of...ever. Whenever I feel like calming down and chilling out, this is the album I immediately put on. If you haven't listened to it or you've only heard their most famous hit, Pompeii, I highly recommend buying it.
Favourite Song: Oblivion. This is most definitely my favourite song as it was featured on one of my favourite shows, The Vampire Diaries, and it was one of the craziest episodes of the season!
Oblivion - Bastille


Surfers Paradise - Cody Simpson
 Now, I have all of Cody Simpson's albums, and while this one is good, it's not my favourite of his. If you don't already know Cody is a home-grown Aussie talent hailing from the sunny Gold Coast in Queensland. This album is very much so a summer-time, kick back, chill by the pool kinda album. When you listen to it, it really makes you feel good and relax. Even though I am actually older than Cody, I absolutely love him and his music and I was even contemplating going to see Justin Beiber, who I hate, just so I could see Cody (If you didn't know, they are touring together).
Favourite song: Sinkin' In. I love this song because it actually makes me feel as though I'm in the sun, relaxing on the beach or in a huge fancy beach house just chilling. Weird, I know, but music has that affect on me.
Sinkin' In - Cody Simpson


Demi - Demi Lovato

I was really excited for this album because I have loved Demi since I was like 12 and I have always looked up to her as a role model. She is an amazing singer with a phenomenal voice and each of her songs tells a different story. She is an honest artist and no matter if the song has a fast or slow tempo, you will be singing and dancing along in no time and they always make you feel good. This is my favourite album of Demi's altogether, hands down.
Favourite song: Made In The USA/Warrior. I simply cannot decide between the two. They are completely opposite songs but I love them both. Made In The USA you can just jam and dance to whereas Warrior is a deep song that you can't help but feel emotional listening to. It's inspirational.
Made In The USA - Demi Lovato
Warrior - Demi Lovato


Save Rock And Roll - Fall Out Boy

 This is another album I was extremely excited about. I have been listening to Fall Out Boy since 2006 and I actually used to get laughed at at school because I was a girl and listened to these lads. I have every single one of there albums and they just keep getting better. I absolutely love this album because if I'm made to do chores or housework, I just plug my iPod in and blast the album so loud. All the songs are loud and catchy. Some people criticise FOB for going too 'pop' but they clearly don't know what they're talking about. I am currently sitting here smiling as I'm typing this because it is, in fact, only 52 days till I see these guys in Sydney. #EXCITED
Favourite song: Save Rock and Roll. I have multiple favourites on this album, but if I had to chose it would be Save Rock and Roll. This song has so much truth to it. It is such a genuine song and it needs to be heard. The fact that it features Elton John is just pure brilliance!
Save Rock and Roll - Fall Out Boy


Paramore - Paramore

This is another band that I have been listening to since I can remember. I while admit that I do like Paramore's older music better but this album is still so good. I found this album a lot different to their previous ones which is good. They're obviously changing it up a bit and experimenting and its paying off. This is another album that I can just pump up really loud and just have fun listening to. Even though it's only the three of them now, damn they still make sweet music. 
Favourite song: Proof. This is my favourite song because it is a song I can really relate to. Its also an amazing song to just turn up to full potential and scream your head off to!



HOE X

No comments:

Post a Comment