Friday 17 July 2015

MOVIES I WATCHED THIS WEEK!

Hey y'all so this is a little in-between post just keep y'all entertained before I post my DIY tutorial tonight which I'm currently in the process of making!

So on my day off this week (thursday), I decided to have a super lazy day and not get out of bed and just lay and watch movies. Oh man, it was so worth it!

#1- The Longest Ride
















Oh boy. Where to begin? I completely forgot I had even been waiting for this movie to come out and when I saw it I freaked out! I am a huge fan of the Nicholas Sparks based films and I juts knew I was in for a treat with this one. Now, before any of y'all are like "I bet she didn't even read the book…", No I didn't read the book. Simply because the only Nicholas Sparks book I ever read was The Lucky One and I fell so madly in love with it that when the movie came out, while still happy, I was so disappointed! People think any Nicholas Sparks book that has been made into a movie is fantastic…well the books are 10000 times better! So I thought I'd spare myself the disappointment and fully let myself get into the film.
Whilst watching this film, I realised one of two things; 1) I definitely feel like someone, somehow, got into my head and put my life's dream into a movie! Like, who doesn't want to fall in love with a dreamy cowboy who lives on a ranch with his mumma? And 2) All anyone EVER needs in life is Scott Eastwood. I mean, his smile. Lets just appreciate him for a sec.
SPOILER ALERT: I did cry uncontrollably for at least the last 20-30 minutes of the film, so just be careful ladies! Have those tissues at the ready!


#2- Insurgent
















This was definitely one of my most anticipated movies, so of course I had high expectations. Yes, I have also read all the books, so I obviously know what happens, but who doesn't want to look at Theo James? Anyway, seeing as how the first book and movie were so dissimilar, I kind of expected Insurgent to be the same. And I was right. There was so much plot that had been cut out for the movie and some of the things that happened and the sequences were completely off! I do understand that turning a book into a movie is definitely hard because you obviously can't keep everything in otherwise it would be 5hrs long! But, come on guys! I was so disappointed with this movie. I found it very hard to stay engaged in it, but I did. Now, that is nothing against the actors and directors and what not, it was purely for the fact that I am a complete nerd and having read all the books I found it hard to pull away from what I read in the book and be fully only into the movie.
However, it was still a good movie and I would highly recommend Divergent & Insurgent to absolutely anyone who is looking for something to watch!


#3- The Best Of Me
 















Ah yes, another based off a Nicholas Sparks novel. About 3ish years ago, I had actually read about half of this book, but I honest could not remember a single thing that had happened. I was hesitant at first to watch the film because it involved older characters and I'm a bit more into, you know, the typical teen romance thing, but I was pleasantly surprised. For most of the film, it flicks back and forth between the past and the present and I does it pretty seamlessly I might add. I found myself loving the older versions of the characters just as much as I loved the teenage versions. As per the Nicholas Sparks tradition, it was a very country film and it tugged on your heart strings. I don't really have much else to say about this one unfortunately. Whilst it is a great film with a touching story, I'm just completely drawing a blank right now!
SPOILER ALERT: Ladies, stock up on those tissues, alright?

And last, but not least, and also probably my favourite out of the four,


#4- The Age of Adaline
















When I first saw the trailer for this I was completely obsessed. I wanted to see it at the cinema so badly, but then I just forgot. So, again, when I saw that it had come out I flipped! After watching it, it has left me speechless. It is absolutely a phenomenal film and I will 110% recommend it to anyone and everyone. The story itself and they way the film has been made is just astounding. It has probably joined the list as one of my favourite films. Blake Lively is absolutely flawless in it and she just played the character Adaline tremendously well. I also love, how towards the end, the story unfolds and comes apart and the truth is told and UGH, IT'S JUST AMAZING!
If you haven't seen this film already, please do so!

So there you have it! All the movies I watched in one day. It was a pretty fabulous day if I do say so myself.

If you have seen or are going to watch any of these, let me know in the comments what you think of them!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment