Sunday 11 August 2013

P!NK - TRUTH ABOUT LOVE TOUR 2013


On friday (9th of August) I travelled up to the glorious Sydney to see P!nk that night! I decided to not let the day go to waste and I had myself a little retail therapy. Nothing beats retail therapy. I bought lots and lots of beauty products and some clothes but thats another post for another time....or blog even! Anyways back to the concert. The ticket said to be in the venue (Sydney Entertainment Centre...FAVE!) at 7.30pm and so we got there a little early to get some merch and drinks. I have never seen one person have so much merch ever! There was heaps of tshirts and posters and hoodies and she even sold onesies. We walked into the centre and got to our seats. When I got told what seats we had I was like 'Oh they're a bit crappy' but we got in there and they were actually really really good! It was also strange because I had never sat on that side of the venire before...I was always on the other side so it was cool seeing it from a different angle. The first thing you noticed was the spirally stage that went out into the crowd, but thats all you could see because the rest was behind a huge theatre curtain.

The Support act was an LA band by the name of Youngblood Hawke. When I first heard that they were the support act my first impression was 'Who?' but then when they came on stage they started to sound oddly familiar. They all came on, there was about 6 of them, and got straight into it. Nice and loud, just the way I like it. The lead Guy and Gal were jumping around like rabbits, banging on these drums and it was really cool! Their music was so fresh and different and I was really starting to get into it...they just kept getting better and better. The lead guy then said "This is our next song for you. It's called We Come Running" and then instantly, the penny dropped. I couldn't believe that it was them who sung that song. i had heard it on the radio before but I had never paid attention to who sung it! Anyways, I went crazy and they really got the crowd pumping!
 A couple weeks previous, I had bought a really sweet 18.2MP camera and I ended up getting some really good photos of them but I had to keep deleting them because I forgot my memory card and I kept running out of space for P!nk snaps!




























Youngblood Hawke left the stage and the lights came back on. The crowd were waiting and all of a sudden this guy came out of one of the entrances dressed like some circus host and started walking through the crowd and interacting with them. For example this guy ended up rubbing, licking and kissing this poor guys bald head and everyone could see it on the big screen. It was fairly obvious that he was part of P!nk's entourage especially when he went on stage and announced that he was our host for the night. He starts talking and then he asks someone to come up on stage. They have the cameras connected to the big screen and they're zooming around trying to find someone then all of a sudden he tells the cameras to stop! He then asks them to go back a couple of people and he says "There she is, thats the one I want"....aaaand it actually turns out to be none other than P!nk herself. God, she is such a crowd pleaser. The intro to 'Raise Your Glass' starts and she disappears, next this you know there's fireworks on stage and she pops up singing and dancing.

 She then decides to connect herself to some acrobat stuff and bounce up and down whilst signing...she was simply amazing!





























I'm only going to have a couple more photos because I have so many! If anyone wishes to see all the photos, I will put the link to the Facebook album where I have every photo from every concert I have been to. that may spoil the surprise for my future posts but oh well!

This what lied behind the curtain! It was amazeballs!

She really showed her flexibility with more acrobat stuff!

I really love this snap. I don't know why I just think it looks super cool! It just really encapsulates how much she interacts and loves her fans!

This was one of the last songs she sung. She was running around and dancing like a nut but it was beyond fantastic!

P!nk then left but came back out for an encore. She only performed one more song for us though and I was a little disappointed because she didn't sing "True Love" at all! But I suppose we're get what we're given, hey?! She clipped herself into this crazy spinny harness thing and launched herself over the whole crowd. It was phenomenal! She literally flew everywhere! I felt so lucky because she went straight over the top and around me and it was just purely amazing...I can't think of any better words!





























At first I was thinking that this will just be another concert I can say I've been to and it won't be that great but boy, was I wrong! She was beyond brilliant! The love she has for her fans will be never ending. She made us laugh, sing (scream), dance and get our booty's shaking. I had an immensely fun night and this will be one of the concerts I will never forget!

I also took loads of videos. They were taken with my iPod though, they're still fairly good! Ive so far posted 2/12 on YouTube. Check them out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QllQ3mhXVC0 - Just Like A Pill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbeUavzhI7k - Stage Entrance

ALL MY CONCERT SNAPS! - Click the link to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment